Monday, November 6, 2017

Your Voice


By
Jackie Lopez






Your voice sounds like a large bell ringing from a church tower.

Your voice beats the drum of my heart with power.

Your words light a fire under me.

Your compassion shows me a mirror of myself.

Your philosophies send me flying.

Your humility provokes me to believe in magic.

I am devoted to our conversations.

I seek out music to hear your voice when you are not around.

I have memorized every single word you have ever spoken to me.

I witness your beauty across two thousand miles.

I hear the children crying, laughing, singing, dancing in the background

but I only adhere to your voice.

The angels are whispering around me.

They know what I only dream about.

Hug me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Grand

by Kathryn A. Kopple Jacek Yerka I am still a child without a piano. My sister is a piano without ever being a child. Without a piano, I wou...